In the midst of the Coronavirus pandemic, the Department of Science and Technology (DOST Scholarship) calls on the youth to join the science community by pursuing careers in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM).
This, as DOST’s Science Education Institute (SEI), announces the supply of scholarship slots for the 2021 DOST-SEI S&T Undergraduate Scholarships for incoming Grade 12 students in AY 2020-2021 who shall pursue STEM courses once they enroll in college next year. The scholarship program aims to push for knowledge-driven development through S&T human resource advancement.
“Amid the uncertainty, we soldier on in providing scholarship opportunities for school studies. The DOST Scholarship invites talented Filipino youth to pursue STEM-related careers and take active participation in research and development (R&D) activities. We hope to possess more scientists especially during this changing world” DOST-SEI Director, Dr. Josette T. Biyo, said.
Applicants for the scholarship must be natural-born Filipinos of excellent moral character and in healthiness. The application is hospitable to students within the STEM strand. Those within the non-STEM strand can also apply provided they belong to the highest 5% of their class.
Students who belong to families whose socio-economic status doesn’t exceed the cut-off values surely indicators may apply for RA 7687 program, otherwise, applicants may apply for the Merit Scholarship Program.
DOST is encouraging the youth to hitch the science community and pursue their careers in science, technology, engineering, and arithmetic (STEM). Applications start from June 2, 2020, until August 28, 2020, while the exams are going to be persisted October 25, 2020.
REQUIREMENTS: Items to be submitted
NOTE: Forms A to G are available in the Application Form/System
- Personal Information (Form A)
- Household Information Questionnaire (Form B)
- Certificate of Good Moral Character (Form C)
- Certificate of Good Health (Form D)
- Principal’s Certification (Form E1 or E2)
- Certificate of Residency (Form F)
- Parent’s Certification(Form G)
- Applicant’s Certification (Form H)
- Signed Declaration by the applicant and the Parent/Legal Guardian (Form I)
- Recent (1”x1”) picture
- Photocopy of Birth Certificate
- Parent/s 2019 Income Tax Return / W2 / Employment Contract for OFW / BIR Cert. of Exemption from Filing of ITR / Brgy. Cert. of Indigency
WHO ARE ELIGIBLE FOR DOST SCHOLARSHIP?
- Applicant must be a natural-born Filipino
- Grade 12 students under the STEM Track
- For the non-STEM, they may also apply provided that they belong in the top 5% of the graduating class.
- For High School graduates prior to the K-12 Program: those who do not yet earn any post-secondary units at college/university level (must also belong in the top 5% of the graduating class).
Applicants must pass the S & T Undergraduate scholarship exams and pursue a Bachelor of Science course of study in any of the priority fields of study at a state university or college or any private higher institute that’s recognized by the Commission on education (CHED) as Center of Excellence or Center of Development with a minimum of FAAP Level III accreditation for the BS program they want to enroll in.
Should an examinee passed the scholarship exams, he/she may enjoy the following subsidies and allowances:
- Tuition Fee subsidy: P40,000 per academic year for those who will enroll in private HEIs
- Monthly Living allowance: P7,000 per month
- Book Allowance: P10,000 per academic year
- Thesis Allowance: 10,000
- Transportation Allowance: 1 Economy-Class Roundtrip Fare
- Graduation Allowance: P1,000
- PE/MS Uniform Allowance: P1,000
HOW TO APPLY ONLINE?
The application to the 2021 DOST-SEI Undergraduate Scholarship Program is divided into four (4) steps:
STEP 1. Registration
STEP 2. Eligibility Check
STEP 3. Filling out of Application Form and uploading of documentary requirements
3.1 Personal Information
3.2 Contact Information
3.3 Family Information
3.5 Household Information
3.6 School Information
3.7 Uploading of Documentary Requirements
STEP 4: Selection of Test Center
NOTE: If already registered, just sign in.
The DOST-SEI online application system includes several steps to complete. It is crucial that you carefully read all the instructions while filling out the various forms herein. You are also encouraged to seek guidance from your parents/guardian in completing the application procedure
DOST Scholarship 2021 interested applicants may apply through https://www.science-scholarships.ph/.